Summary

Activity: Badge 4

The Atlas of Experience Map, was one of my favourite and interesting activity for me, The Map clarifies all the experience, emotions, interest and personality views, I myself think that this post is really useful to know what we seek in travel. As my interest on travel was based on the Nature and Cultural aspects. As a part of it, i might question myself about the experience that will be gained in such a travel. The map clears me that my interest and views are based on Pleasure, Happy, Growth etc., I was very much interested and enjoyed doing this activity, i had a good opportunity to know about my personality views.

Activity : Guest Lecture from Dr. Courtney Mason

The lecture from the Dr.Mason helped me to know about the First Nations in Canada,as well about the context and crisis of using the land were the treaty agreements from canada to solve the Indigenous problems such as, Gain control, Safe passage for the settlers and also assimilate the indigenous culture into Euro Canadian Life. I came to know about the Historical places and their relationship with Indigenous people.The lecture clears the Story behind the Park creation and the Banff regions connect with the First Nations, Even the Indigenous people involvement as a guides and outfitters during the ancient tourism. With the impacts in policy and planning in the context of the development of parks and protected area in canada and their central role of tourism, stakeholder development etc., It is a new experience for me to know more about the First Nations in canada and their context relationship in tourism and the cultural heritage. The lecture seems to be a strong information for the students.

Activity: Guest Lecture from Kellee Caton

Ecotourism and Transformation

I was really enjoying the class of Caton, My interest towards Nature tourism made me to learn more about the Ecotourism and its Transformation. From the lecture i came to know about the connection between the eco tourism and the Cultural Tourism, When a person explore the Nature tourism in any place or landscape the tourist will automatically get connect with the lifestyle and behaviours of the local people were they can experience the different culture.When the ecotourism was taken care then the tourism in any natural resources increases as well it breaks down the Nature and Culture binary and that enhances the Indigenous recognition, as well the forest care and animal welfare increases. To Give care one should enchant  the natural areas. Disenchantment taking place in Ecotourism will result in destruction of Land,sky and seascapes. So, the greatest value of ecotourism is not in educating  but also to conserve the natural resources.